Mountian bike rental shop and shuttle service is open for the 2019 season.
Bike path bikes now available at our shop for the new East Shore shared use path that starts right in front of our bike shop and cafe. $25.00
Demo bikes for sale!
2019 Specialized SJ Carbon Comp 29 $2950
Medium and Large
Small and Medium Ibis Ripmo for Sale!!
New or great condition demo in both sizes. E mail for information
Flume Trail Mountain Bike rentals 2018
Hassle Free, Light Weight Rental Bikes.
Rent a well maintained, light mountain full suspension or front suspension mountain bike at the bike shop behind Tunnel Creek Café in Incline Village. This is also where you board the shuttle to the trailhead. You ride back to the shop, your car and the cold beer at Tunnel Creek Cafe with out any riding on Highway 28. Get a coffee and breakfast, take a shuttle to a great trail and enjoy a late lunch and cold beer all without moving your car!
- Check the shuttle page for shuttle schedule and to reserve a ride to Spooner Lake for the Flume Trail or Tahoe meadows for the Tahoe Rim Trail. You can add a shuttle from the bike rental page as well.
- IF the reservation site shows shuttles are booked, we do hold some shuttle reservations off the reservation site so we can accommodate rental customers. Book the bikes and send us an e mail or call 775 298-2501 requesting the shuttle you want. We will set you up!
- All rentals include helmet, pump, and spare tube.
- Bring your own hydration pack or we can rent you one and sell you a water bottle.
- Flume Shuttles are available EVERY DAY June to November 11th.
- TRT (Tahoe Rim Trail) Shuttles are available even numbered days of the Month late June to November 10th.
- Make the most of your valuable vacation day. Rent your bike from us. We are located where you board the shuttle and at the end of the ride. We transport your bikes and you don’t have to ride on highway 28.
- Bike Rentals are available at our bike rental shop behind Tunnel Creek Café in Incline Village at the end of the Flume Trail ride.
- Reservations for bikes are a good idea, especially on the weekend and holidays. Book online now!
• Parking – Pull in to Tunnel Creek Cafe and follow signs to park. The cafe is still being remodeled and parking may change daily. You can also park along highway 28 next to the shop and cafe in the new parking lots on the cafe side of the road after June 28. There is a trail leading up to the bike shop.
- Are you driving from South Lake Tahoe? We can deliver reserved rental bikes to you at the state park at Spooner Lake (start of the flume trail ride) so you do not have to drive the busy in the summer mornings east shore by Sand Harbor. Then take a shuttle back to your vehicle in the afternoon after your ride. Make a note on the reservation and send us an e mail for the request.
- Rental Bike Damage Protection: $4.00 per day per bike
You have the option to accept or decline our damage protection plan.
Plan covers up to $500 of any damage to shifter, derailleur, brake levers and calipers, dropper lever and post, broken chain, incidental frame scratches, dented or warped rim, saddle.
Does not cover theft or loss of the bike, major frame damage, ie cracked carbon tubes or dents/cracks in aluminum frames, fork stanchion scratches or dents.
You would be responsible for the wholesale replacement of a frame and or forks in case of major damage.
Does not cover any damage due to improper transport of the bikes.
Occasionally chains break due to pushing too hard on the pedals when shifting. Shift with finesse, ease up on your pedaling force when shifting and look ahead to shift before needed. Save yourself from turning your bike into a scooter.
Tires occasionally go flat, there is a spare tube and tools in the saddle bag on the bike. If you are unsure how to change a flat, we can show you before you ride.
We don’t refund money for flat tires or broken chains.
If you do not take the damage protection you are responsible for the repair or replacement of any parts or frame/fork of the bike you rented.
Single Day Mountain Bike Reservations
- Push the book it button
- Know your bike size or your height and the type of bike you want.
- On weekends or the busy summer months, it is a good idea to reserve a bike.
- Credit card is required at the time of your reservation.
- Bring your ID to rent a bike.
- Bike rental is due by shop closing time. Varies with daylight – mid summer 6:00pm.
- Overnight fee is $20.00 – Pick up after 4:00pm.
• Only book for one day if you want to pick up at the end of the day for the next day (overnight fee).
- No refunds within 48 hours as we have to turn people away for your spot.
- REMEMBER to book a shuttle when booking a bike if you are taking a shuttle. Bike rental prices do not include a shuttle.
Multi Day Mountain Bike Rentals
$5.00 off second, third and fourth days, fifth day is free.
- $47 + $42 + $42 + $42 + FREE= $173 for five days (comes out to $34.60/day for five days).
- $67 + $62 + $62 + $62 + FREE = $253 for five days (comes out to $50.00/day for five days).
- Book online for multi day rentals or you can call us 775 298-2501.
- All bike rentals include a helmet, pump, and spare tube.
- Bike rentals do not include shuttle. You will be prompted to book shuttles separately when reserving bikes.
- Bring a hydration pack if you have one.
- Riding in the morning is best – take your time and enjoy the day.
- Tell us if you are bringing your own pedals or have a pedal preference. Default is flat pedals
- Clipless shoe rental and pedals for $10.00. Includes pedals. Clipless pedals only $4.00.
- Bring a camera!
- Breakfast, Coffee, Lunch, Beer available before and after your ride next door at our Tunnel Creek Cafe!
- If you want to ride on your own schedule, you can park at Spooner lake for the Flume Trail or Tahoe Meadows for the Tahoe Rim Trail and we can shuttle you up to your vehicle after your ride from our shop and cafe at the end of the ride in Incline Village.
2019 Rental Mountain Bikes & Rates
Rental bike shop and shuttle is open for the 2019 season – The Tahoe rim trail shuttle is operating for the 2019 season.
When booking a rental bike, remember to book a shuttle as well for the time you want (if shuttling).
2018/9 Specialized Fuse Comp 6 Fattie or
2018/9 KONA Big Honzo 27.5+
$47 Single Day
The Fuse climbs efficiently because it is a hard tail but inspires confidence on downhills with its low slack geometry, 120mm suspension forks, extra wide 27.5” x 2.80” Ground Control tires, hydraulic brakes and dropper post. Pretty much the perfect bike for the Flume Trail!
Sizes: S (5’1″-5’7″), M (5’5″-5’10”), L (5’9-6’1″), XL (6’0″-6’5″), XXL (6’6″+).
2019 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er
$67 Single Day
“The new 2018 Stumpjumper Comp 6 Fattie blends ruggedness, efficiency plus 2.9″ tires into one awesome lightweight ride anything trail bike.” Specialized M5 frame. 150mm front and rear travel, 27.5 x 2.9 low pressure tires, Shimano brakes and Custom SRAM 1 x 11 drive train.
Sizes: XS (4’9″ to 5’2″) S (5’1″-5’7″), M (5’5″-5’10”), L (5’9-6’1″), XL (6’0″-6’5″), XXL (6’6″+).
2019 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp Carbon 29er 12 speed
$87 Single Day
“The new 2019 Stumpjumper FSR Comp Carbon 29er 12 speed blends ruggedness, efficiency and nimbleness along with sleek new lines and suspension into one awesome trail bike”
Specialized Carbon frame. 150mm front and rear travel. Custom Fox float evolution shock. FOX Factory fork with 15mm through axle. Shimano brakes and Custom SRAM 1 x 12 drive train.
Sizes: S (5’1″-5’7″) (small is 27.5”), M (5’5″-5’10”), L (5’9-6’1″), XL (6’0″-6’5″).
2019 IBIS Ripmo Carbon
”The long awaited long travel 29er”
$97 Single Day
Small, Medium, Large
It is a good idea to reserve your Ripmo ride online – we only have one of each size.
The Ripmo is a bike we’ve been waiting for for a while now. Think of it as a mashup of the Ripley’s balance and speed, coupled with the Mojo HD4’s capabilities when things get hairy.
With a sub six pound frame and 145mm of efficient dw-link rear wheel travel (160mm front), this is the most versatile bike Ibis has ever built.
The Ripmo also marks a dramatic shift in Ibis’ approach to geometry. The reach is nearly an inch longer than the EWS Team winning HD4, with clearance for a 175mm dropper, and a pedal-friendly 76° seat tube angle. The end result is a bike that’s ready to rally, while still maintaining lively handling. Set up with Shimano 1x XT components and their wide Alumimum wheels.
Size – Small (5’0” – 5’5”), Medium (5’4 – 5’9”), Large (5’9″-6’2″)
2019 Ibis Ripley gen 4 $97 single day.
Small only (5’0 – 5’5”)
The new Ripley Gen 4 is a snappy, flickable, playful, fast, lightweight, and versatile 29” trail bike. Longer a bit slacker and a much steeper seat tube makes an already great riding trail bike into an even more versatile fun machine!
Its combination of modern geometry, a stiff lightweight carbon chassis, and 120mm of ultra efficient dw-link travel, means it’s equally happy popping off bonus lines as it is crushing all day epics.
Turbo Levo FSR Comp 6Fattie/29 e bike.
$100 Single Day
The Specialized Turbo E bike has the perfect blend of trail performance, proper handling, technology, and durability, delivering you the power to ride more trails.
E bikes are allowed in the Lake Tahoe Nevada State park back country which includes the Flume Trail Ride. E bikes are not allowed on USFS Trails. (Tahoe Rim Trail from Tahoe Meadows).
Sizes: S (5’1″-5’7″), M (5’5″-5’10”), L (5’9-6’1″)
Specialized Hot Rock Disk 24″
48 Hour Cancellation Policy:
Your rental reservation is held with your credit card and charged at the time of reservation. After reserving, your bike is removed from our fleet’s availability list. We require cancellations be made 48 hours prior to your rental so bikes can be made available to other customers.
If you do not cancel at least 48 hours before your scheduled rental – NO REFUNDS. We may, at our discretion, give you credit for the rental IF we are able to rent your bikes.
Cancel via e mail email@example.com or by phone 775 298-2501. Do not just leave a phone message, talk to one of us so you are sure the reservation is cancelled.
Bikes can be picked up after 8:00 am on the first day of your rental and must be dropped off before 6:00 pm on the last day of your rental. You will be required to read and sign a waiver before taking your rental bike.
Bring your drivers license for ID.
Each rider must be present for brief safety instruction and orientation on the use of the rental equipment.
Each rider must wear a helmet when riding a rental bike.
We book the rental based on the size bike you choose. Please make sure you are accurate in picking the bike size. If you guess or give us a wrong height there is a good chance that we will not have the right size bike for you when you arrive. The weight limit on our bikes is 275 pounds.
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone.